Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Poem: The Night...

I wrote this many years ago, late at night and fueled by mania. Reading it again, I think it retains a certain amount of charm. Disclaimer: none of the things in this poem are true in any sense of the word. Also, the poem is a bit dark and might be disturbing; consider yourself warned.





The night that Max wore his wolf suit
and made mischief of one sort
and another
his mother called him 'wild thing'
and Max said 'I'll kill you, and desecrate your corpse, removing your fingers

    and frying them in a pan, and wear
        your dresses, and burn your photos,
           and
    pull out your heart and leave it rotting,

      hung from the ceiling such that you can see it
  as you walk up
the long road
that brings you from town to our house, our very quiet house, our

  very
    secretive
      house
  and the secrets you made me keep will never be kept any longer oh mother of mine what fun shall I have
   and all without you any longer
  because you see
    I don't need you
    and I never needed you
    and I owe you nothing
   and I hate you
    and I wish oh how I wish that time would stand still
   for you
      for you
         for you
            for you
                               and most especially for me

No comments: