Monday, 16 May 2011

4 free Massive patches based on SubFocus tutorial

So, I felt like I learnt a bit from this series of videos by SubFocus. One thing I struggled with was the image quality; when he's doing something specific in Massive I really had to lean in to see what he was up to. I've saved the Massive patches I created while following along and I'm putting them here to share with y'all in case you were interested in using them yourselves.



Some detail about my patches:

CleanReese - this is that super-warm and phat old-school Reese sound he created, as found in a whole bunch of seminal jungle  tunes e.g. Ray Keith - Terrorist. I love this sound, and it dirties up real purdy-like.

ElectroStab - A classic detuned electro chorus stab sound.

ReeseLead - You can make this all trancey, or filthy like DBBC - Torpedo. Remarkably flexible sound, try it all the way up and down the octaves for different effects.

BassPatch - The least successful of my patches. Mostly interesting for the way it uses the Performer modulation page.

Get the zipfile I've uploaded to Google Docs. These patches are for the Native Instruments Massive synth.

Legal disclaimer: I doubt I'm doing anything wrong by recreating patches from a free tutorial, but I take no legal responsibility for the use of these patches. They are released by me for free under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license. Enjoy!

No comments: